Thursday, October 7, 2010

*sigh of relief* Finally unpacked!!!!!!!!

We. Are. Finally. Unpacked.


Doesn't mean there aren't boxes stacked in the hallway, awaiting their trip out to the garage, but at least the apartment is put together!

Of course, there are still a few things that need to be taken care of... (curtains, pictures put up on the walls, etc.)



I had a lot of "help" this past week and a half...while Daddy was back in St. Cloud for his last week of training, Harvey and I were alone in this new home, new town, trying to get things taken care of.  Harvey was dealing with a cold, so I had him hanging on me most of the time, and then I not only got a cold, but the third trimester exhaustion like none other.  I don't remember feeling this worn out and tired with Harvey, but then again, I didn't have a little child to chase after either.  And wow.  Harvey got into everything.  Kitchen cabinets, bathroom, boxes he shouldn't be getting into.


I could never get a step ahead of him.  I was so tired.

So once Daddy got home, a trip to Wal-Mart proved beneficial with cabinet locks.  The bathroom door is shut all the time, and now that the boxes are unpacked, there is nothing to worry me.  (Except the bookcase with DVDs lining the shelves...oh well.  At least he can't open them.  Yet.)

The view outside our window is amazing, considering where we came from.  The noisy, central street of Duluth is in the past!  Now we have this gorgeous view:



Harvey stands at the screen and yells out the window, only to be greeted with silence or leaves rustling.  Only at noon and 6pm are we greeted with a five to ten-second town siren test (why, I'm not sure...they still test it for five minutes the first Wednesday of the month...), and then at 3:20 when the high school students get out and the cool kids rev their ridiculous pipes.

The whole apartment complex isn't too bad...thin walls/floors/ceilings.  Our apartment in Duluth was basically sound proof, so this is new to me.  I sometimes feel bad for our neighbors when Harvey is yelling or hitting things on the floor.  :S  We, uh, can also hear our neighbors doing "other" stuff...talk about awkward................

We have yet to venture down to the pool so Harvey can swim.  We were going to do that last weekend, but we had busy days.  Daddy worked until noon on Saturday, took a nap to try and get rid of his cold, and then we went to Crosslake for Saturday evening Mass.  (WOW.  What a church!) 

Car repairs took up most of the time on Sunday.  Then we took a scenic drive around Gull Lake so Harvey could sleep.  I am bound and determined to get there again today so I can take a picture of the absolutely gorgeous drive and get it up here.  We stopped for our once-a-month night out at the Bar Harbor Supper Club on Gull Lake for dinner.  It was good; their Wild Rice Clam Chowder was to die for!!!  (I tried making it last night.  Failed miserably...at least to get it to taste like theirs.)  I enjoyed the walleye dinner (with bones and all...) but it was really fresh walleye, so that was good.  John enjoyed a reuben sandwich.  We decided we will continue trying the local restaurants around here.

Harvey and I have had some fun excursions, too...we took a walk to the post office the other day, and stopped in next door at Wells Fargo where Daddy works now.  :0)  It was fun!  I can't remember ever living in a town where we can take a walk to the post office...Harvey enjoys being outside.  (I get Braxton-Hicks contractions from the walking, but I will deal!  I love it too much to stay inside all day long!)  I must make the most of it before snow comes!

This weekend, we're supposed to have fabulous weather, so we're going to head to the Crow Wing State Park just south of Baxter, and then stop at a pumpkin patch on the way home.  Should be fun!!!

1 comment:

  1. Hooray for unpacking and feeling settled!

    The view out your living room window is FABULOUS!!

    ReplyDelete