Wednesday, September 15, 2010

Moving....what a headache

I remember when I was a little girl and my family would move.  I LOVED it.  Packing all my stuff, going to a new place, unpacking...

Fifteen/twenty-some years later, I. HATE. IT.

What a headache!  (Literally...I have a headache right now that I can only contribute to actually getting a lot of packing done today.) 

No wonder there are professional movers.  If I had the money, I would hire them to do all the work.

However, it is fun to watch Harvey "help" me...

Just this morning he would take out every travel mug I put in a box, examine it, then put it on the floor.  It's fun for him, but lots of work for me.  I'm taking it all in, though, because before I know it, he'll be the one moving out.  :0(

I don't think it would be such a big deal if we were moving from our apartment to a home...but alas, we're going from one apartment to another apartment for an undetermined amount of time.  Part of me wants to stash all our stuff in a garage and wait to unpack it, mostly because I don't want to go through this packing/unpacking thing once again.

Anyway, my next headache is scheduled for next weekend, when we actually move.  Being six months pregnant, I'm not sure I will be much help to my husband and my father-in-law (who is going to be "helping" us.)  Thankfully, my dad is on hand to help if need be, and Mom will be watching Harvey for the day so we don't have to juggle him as well. 

Let's just pray all goes well, and no one hurts themselves...

No comments:

Post a Comment